Forum Discussion

rsippel
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Indicator interference

We are running into problems with the TestComplete Indicator. When it covers a control it seems to truly make that control's VisibleOnScreen property become [false]. Has it always done this? It seems like it would but what confuses me is that we have been using TestComplete (TC) for years and it is only now becoming a problem (on Win7, TC8.7). Some of our people seem to think that it is not interfering on XP systems.

Did TC used to somehow make the Indicator get treated as if it were invisible prior to Win7?

In many cases we can get around this by moving TC over to another monitor that is not the main one for the program being tested or is not even used by the program being tested.

However, we prefer to have our clients run TestExecute, and there does not appear to be a way to get TE to show the Indicator anywhere but on the main monitor. That will be a huge problem for us.

I know that we can apparently do Indicator.Hide() to make the indicator disappear, but it is very useful for giving clues that the test is not in an endless loop, or to indicate where the test is in its overall run.

So, my questions:

* Has the indicator changed so that it is no longer "invisible" and thus affects the VisibleOnScreen of controls under it?

* Is there a way to move the Indicator?

It would be nice to move the indicator to the taskbar or some neutral part of the monitors.

Thanks,

Rob

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rob,

As far as I can see, Irene from our Support team has helped you sort out the problem.

• I'm win7 user, and I used CanSelect Property for my desktop based application. The objective was perform actions when application is fully up and ready to use.