Forum Discussion

pavan_manikonda
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Importing Plugins into TestComplete

When I import the plugin I keep getting the error "Cannot obtain the information about the plug-in(s) from the test.pls file".

It looks like I am compiling my VC++ project without some information. How do I fix this error ??

PS : I did change the major version of my plugin. So it got to be some other error.

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Pavan,

Make sure that the IaqPluginInformationRepository interface is implemented. I recommend that you go through the "Plug-Ins Subsystem" article from the TestComplete SDK Help system: <TestComplete 10>\Help\TestComplete10SDK.chm

pavan_manikonda
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks. I have gone through the documentation. If the interface IaqPluginInformationRepository needs to be implemented, how am I able to import the simpleplugin provided in the SDK directory ? I haven't found any implementation of IaqPluginInformationRepository in that code base.

Also, as per my understanding IaqPluginInformationRepository and IaqExtensionRegistratorManager should be implemented by testcomplete to work with the plugin's as they are the part of plugin manager. I am trying to implement a plugin and not plugin manager.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Pavan,

Look into sample plug-ins shipped along with the TestComplete SDK modules - I suppose they will help you shed some light on TestComplete's plug-ins.

Samples are located here: 

<TestComplete SDK>\Delphi\Samples\SimplePlugin -- Delphi sources

<TestComplete SDK>\MSVC\Samples\SimplePlugin -- Visual C++ sources

It's recommended using Borland Delphi 7 or Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 to compile samples. You can find more information in the "Simple Plug-In Sample" TestComplete SDK help topic.