Forum Discussion

Simone_Eidel
New Contributor
9 years ago

Image touch not in target or recognition area

I have a mobile application to test which was developed with qml and v-play. Because the v-play wrappes the qml, my object browser tree wouldn't go very deep. I can't see the objects, only some overlays or so. So I'm trying to test the application with the image based approach. But I have the problem, that my image touch isn't where I defined the area.

Because I can't see any objects, if I just click the area I want my touch to be, the initial target area is the size of the whole display. When I then set the recognition area, my touch is never in this region.

Then I tried to give some coordinates, starting with 10-10 to see, where the touch will be. But then I got an error message, that my touch point (with negative coordinates) is out of the devices screen bound. I wondered how that can be, as my target area is the screen itself and the documentation says, the 10-10 is measured from the upper left corner.

Then I tried to set the initial target area around the point where my touch should be. Because I was sure, even if the touch wouldn't be in the recognition area, at least it wouldn't leave the target area. But at this point I was wrong. Again the touch was on the same spot as at my first try. Trying again with coordinates, I got again the error with the touch point out of screen bounds.

Now I tried to put the target area around some text, because the image search function would surely find that. And I had the recognition area outside the target area. Again my touch was at the same spot as before, but not in the target nor the recognition area. I coundn't find any reason for that in the documentation.

When I now highlighted my area on the screen, the highlighted area was where the touch is, but not where my regions were defined.

TargetArea.png

So what can I do, that I get my touch were I want it and not somewhere else?

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Simone_eidel,

I’ve consulted with our mobile expert from the TestComplete Support Team – he would like to investigate this behavior as it’s very specific to your application. Could you please submit a support case here? If possible, please provide the Team with the access to your application.