Forum Discussion

tonje_almending
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Identifying moving element

Hi!

In the application I am testing, we have an assignment (oppgave) that moves from one heading to another when pressing a button, and we should be able to select the assignment.

In the attached schrrenchot "Oppgave1" you can see that the assignment lays underneath the heading "Felles innboks". When clicking it, we get information regarding it in the "Oppgave" window to the right (Screenshot "Oppgave2"). We can then click "Velg Oppgave" (select assignment). It then moves from "Felles innboks" to "Mine ubehandlede oppgaver" (my assignments). When clicking the assignment underneath "Mine ubehandlede oppgaver", the window to the right should once more be populated with the assignment information. When playing the test, testcomplete is not able to find the element, or cell. See "OppgaveTestSteps" for details about the test steps. 

How can I solve this?

2 Replies

Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Hi Tonje,

I thing Dynamic Descriptive programming is the best solution for this situation.

Try Dynamic Descriptive programming. it handle such moving component very well.

For Dynamic Descriptive programming u can use - Find, FindAll, FindChild methods.