Forum Discussion

JamesB
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Identifying Links on Windows 7

I am running TC 8 and recently upgraded to a Windows 7 machine, and noticed that scripts which were running fine before, now were going crazy, clicking in the wrong areas, leading to unpredictable results.  Upon further experimentation with the object browser I noticed it was identifying the location of links wrong.  Choosing "highlight on screen" would identify links in the wrong location, oftentimes by several inches.  I thought this was just something specific to our software at first, but when I tried www.google.com, it was doing the same thing.  Has anyone seen this and have any idea how to fix it?

4 Replies

JamesB
    Occasional Contributor
    I am not sure why that would change anything, but regardless, I tried it, and it didn't.

• Hi James,

We saw a similar problem with web elements identification in IE some time ago and reinstalling the browser solved the problem that time. Another possible cause of the problem you face is browser zoom. Please set the zoom value to 100% and check whether the problem persists in this case. 

BTW, what is the name and version of the web browser you use?

JamesB
    Occasional Contributor
    OK, got it figured out.  It was the Win 7 desktop zoom setting.  Worked all along in Firefox, but it confused Test Complete when working with IE.  Set it to 100%, instead of the 125% it was at, rebooted, and it started working.  Thanks.