Forum Discussion

kish
Contributor
13 years ago

How to verify the displayed search results are satisfying the search criteria.

Hi,

I need to verify that the displayed search results are satisfying the search criteria.

Here the Link is child of panel.

Attached screenshot. Please help me how to get the name of each link?

Many Thanks,

Kish

5 Replies

• Hi,

To check whether the table has appropriate data, you can use a table checkpoint. For more information, please read Table Checkpoints in the online documentation.

kish
    Contributor
    Hi,

I am getting the message ' selected object does not support table checkpoint'.

Regards,

Kishore
  • Hi Kish,

This message means that table checkpoints are not supported for the control used in your application. To verify the search results, you can use one of the following workarounds:

• If this control is inherited from one of the supported controls, add the control’s class name to the corresponding category in the Object Mapping properties of your test project. After that, try to create the table checkpoint again.

• Try using another type of checkpoint, if appropriate. For example, you can verify data in a single cell by creating a property checkpoint for the cell text.

• You can retrieve and verify table data using native methods and properties of the table control. To learn which methods and properties you can use for this purpose, please refer to the control’s documentation or ask the application developers about this.

• To verify HTML tables on web pages, you can install and use the HTML Table Checkpoint extension. You can download it from AutomatedQA's web site: HTML Table Checkpoint.

kish
    Contributor
    Hi,

In my case the ObjectType = Panel and it's child = Link.

I think , there is no point of using Table Check point or HTML Table Check point here.

Regards,

Kishore