Forum Discussion

rishi_1
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

how to select element from a dropdown box other than clickitem() method.?

Hi, 

I am  working on desktop based application and using test complete my task is for selecting  a particular element from drop down , i am using "ClickItem()" method for selecting a particular element from dropdown and for sure test is selecting that element but test is taking too much time in selecting that element from the dropdown.

So is there any other option for selecting a particular element from dropdown box...????

3 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Rishi,

As far as I understand, you mean combo box controls, don't you? These controls let you either type the needed value into the box or press the down arrow to select the needed item from the drop-down list.

To select an item of such controls, you can use the following approaches:

1. Use the ClickItem action.

2. Simulate typing an item's caption.

3. Navigate within the list of combo box items using keyboard shortcuts and select the needed item by simulating the UP and DOWN arrow keys.

For more information, please refer to the Selecting Combo Box Items help topic.

rishi_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for your reply..

I have already tried all these issues and they all worked but test is taking too much time in selecting that element from the combo box or dropdown . hence my question is is there any other option so that we could prevent this time taking situtaion..i mean test would select that element fastly without consuming much time...

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Rishi,

I'm not sure, but I think it should not take long to select an item from the combo box. Most likely, the time delays are specific to your control. To help us investigate the problem, please contact our Support Team and send them:

1. Your TestComplete project.

2. A sample application with the control in question so they can use it to reproduce the behavior.

Thanks.