Forum Discussion

pkudrys
Contributor
14 days ago
Solved

how to get Object.Name without triggering element search

Hi guys,  I know that this topic may sound a bit weird, but I have a very good reasons for it :) Here is my situation... I have a mapped element, containing an xpath, which I need to pass to a func...
    pkudrys
    3 days ago

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. It's something I considered as a very last resort. Luckily, I finally found the solution of my problem. It fact, it was "easily" solved by unchecking option "Search for visible objects first". 

In my initial post, I mentioned, that the element was not found. But it was not the case! The name mapped element was actually always found, it just took quite a lot of time. And because I was impatient, I (prematurely) terminated the search. 

After multiple (unsuccessful) tries of editing the xpath, I also tried to play with TC option. I did not expect anything, but surprisingly, unchecking the above mentioned option helped. After unchecking it, the search returned the element (and so Name property) almost instantly. 

It's really weird, because according to the description, this option should be ignored in case there is used xpath expression, which is exactly what I'm using :D So it looks like a TC bug or, at very least, misleading description?