Forum Discussion

brankoIlic
Occasional Contributor
9 months ago

How to disable opening script files on running a project

When I run Testcomplete project, all the script files which are called from the main javascript file, are opening in the workspace. How to disable it? I mean, after running the project, I don't want any new files to be opened.

10 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Are they not the script unit files? How are you running your scripts?

If I run my script unit via project workspace, only the the log tab opens.

brankoIlic
      Occasional Contributor

I have one script function from where I call other functions which are in different files, and all of that files with those called functions get opened.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I've tried to create a similar scenario, but I'm still not able to reproduce the issue in TC v15.53.2.7.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Are you talking about when the test stops and the log opens up? A screenshot would be helpful.

brankoIlic
    Occasional Contributor

These are tabs before run:

And these are after run, new one are opened by itself:

Is it possible to not have those newly opened, with red circles in the second picture?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I'm still not able to reproduce this, and I've never seen that behaviour before. I can only suggest to reset your Docking settings.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I have seen it in the past but I can't trigger it either. I think rraghvani is on the right track with 1) it comes from running the tests in a particular place and 2) resetting Docking.

brankoIlic
      Occasional Contributor

I have tried  View | Desktop | Restore Default Docking but it is the same. I run test by Run Project (F5). Script which is executed is set in Execution plan.