Forum Discussion

gargashish
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

How does TestExecute licensing work

Hello,

I have 4 node - locked license of TestComplete 8.6 and 4 floating user license of TestExecute 8.6. However, only 1 product key is listed under my customer login for TestExecute.

I used this license key to activate 1 TestExecute license on my machine. I then installed TestExecute on 3 VMs and pointed them to use the license installed on my machine.

When I run TestExecute from the 1st VM, it launches fine. However, when I launch it from the 2nd and the 3rd VM, it throws a message that the application is already in use by a different machine (1st VM). I thought I would be able to run TestExecute on 3 different VMs simultaneously (pointing to a machine where license was activated).

If this is not the case, can you please help me understand how to use 4 TestExecute licenses? Or, should there be 4 different license keys available under my smartbear customer login account?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Ashish

3 Replies

• Hi Ashish,

Please contact our support team regarding this matter. When submitting a request, specify your CustomerID.

As for now, I can only guess that you have Node-Locked licenses of TestComplete Enterprise, so the machines where TestComplete instances are installed are the License Manager machines for your TestExecute instances.
    gargashish
    Occasional Contributor
    I thought not mentioning the customer ID on a forum page made sense ..

Anyway, I've added a support request for this ..

Thanks,

Ashish
  • Ashish,

Yes, mentioning CustomerID is not good for forums. That is why, we commonly recommend asking licensing questions by submitting a request to our support team directly.

We've received your message and will respond soon.