Forum Discussion

HAV
8 years ago

How do you link work items in TFS using TestComplete? Can create 1 but not link 2.

Using Issue Tracking templates, one can create and modify existing work items in TFS to an extent. However, to link 2 work items together, it is unclear if that is at all possible. If you try to use AttachFileLink, it says that it only supports internal attachments so it would seem that TC intended for it to be used. My example is that I am using TC to run automated tests on code and create new bugs on an error. To make these usable and not become lost in TFS's backlog, I want these to be linked to a set test case (which I can specify by ID, title, etc). There does not appear to be an easy way to tell TC what other items these bugs should be linked to using IssueTracking and the only workaround I can see is to make the tester go in by hand and associate them all to the desired test case. Is there any way to automate this, likely by using IssueTracking or via a plug-in? I am using TC 11 and have Visual Studio 13 premium installed on my machine in addition to the web portal.