Forum Discussion

yule63
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

How do we find smaller object in the MS-Outlook

Hi ,

How do we find smaller object in the MS-Outlook.   as part of my automatuion I need to validate that an email was sent to me and also to be to parse some specific data from the email content,  HOWEVER,  when I use the SPY/OBJ Finder tool hoover over the specified Items ,  it will not allow that.  It only sees big frame (objects) .

If this is not possible,  then how would one ussually, verify an email sent from the application?

Thanks

6 Replies

• Hi yule63,

We recommend working with Outlook through its COM object. An example of implementing such an approach is posted here.

As for Outlook's GUI, you can try enabling MSAA to expose it. To learn how to use MSAA to expose applications, please refer to the "Using Microsoft Active Accessibility" help topic.
    yule63
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Mike ,

I am trying to follow the MSAA path for now.   and here is where I get stuck:

1- go under project properties

2- under OPEN APPLICATIONS, I select MSAA

3- a list of accepted apps appear, none of which makes sense, but thats not the issue

4- what name do I have to add to that list that represents the OutLook, so that the finder can start recognizing outlook pieces?

Thanks in Advance.

Y.6.
  • Hi yule63,

You should add the value of the needed window's WndClass property to the list. In my case, to expose Outlook 2010, I use the "NetUIHWND" class name.

• Hi Mike,

I have done all what is written in that post. Now i can find the buttons in the menu-bar like "New Email" with the SPY/OBJ Finder. But it's not possible to find the folder-structure on the left site in OUTLOOK. Is it possible that more then the class "NetUIHWND" must be used?

Thanks

Alex