Forum Discussion

randall
Contributor
8 years ago

How do I simplify name mapping without having to use Extended Search? I remember a check box option.

I remember that there was a check box option buried somewhere deep within the bowels of TestComplete name mapping options that, when checked, would simplify the object paths both in the Object Browser and in the Name Mapping dialog. When the option was turned on it would change the object path to a test object from something like this

Aliases.CSDirector.CSDirectorApplication.CSDirectorWindow.gridMain.CSApplicationContainer.Grid.MenuBar.ProjectList

to this

Aliases.CSDirector.CSDirectorApplication.CSDirectorWindow.CSApplicationContainer.MenuBar.ProjectInfo

effectively removing objects that were not visible like the 'gridMain' and 'Grid' objects above.

• Well, that is still using Extended find... but it's part of the automatic process.  Under Tools -> Options -> Engines -> Name Mapping, there's an option "use extended find when possible". It won't update existing structure and it only applies to Web applications.

And it doesn't necessarily affect the Object browser, just how items are added to Name Mapping.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Well, that is still using Extended find... but it's part of the automatic process.  Under Tools -> Options -> Engines -> Name Mapping, there's an option "use extended find when possible". It won't update existing structure and it only applies to Web applications.

And it doesn't necessarily affect the Object browser, just how items are added to Name Mapping.

randall
      Contributor

Darn.  I was afraid of that.  I guess I must have dreamed that the check box existed.  Oh well, thanks for the reply!

Bobik
        Frequent Contributor

May be you mean "Simplified WPF object tree" project option? You can find it in Project properties/Open Applications/WPF  page.