Forum Discussion

jope
New Contributor
13 years ago

How can I avoid setting af breakpoint?

Hi

I have a problem when comparing 2 pictures (screenshots). It works as expected when I use a breakpoint and continue test execution immediately but fails when I remove the breakpoint. Adding a delay instead of the breakpoint does not solve the problem.

I am testing some undo (similar to MS Office Ctrl-z) and redo (similar to MS Office Ctrl-y) functionality.

I use the following (pseudo)code: 

Set L_ObjPicture_A=MyOwnName.Picture()

L_ObjPicture_A.SaveToFile("c:\Data\A.bmp")

Then I do some changes and a corresponding numbers of undo and redo.

Now I have the same screen as when I started.

Set L_ObjPicture_B=MyOwnName.Picture()

L_ObjPicture_B.SaveToFile("c:\Data\B.bmp")

The A and B files are different when I run the whole script, but equal if I set a breakpoint at the line with Set L_ObjPicture_B=MyOwnName.Picture() and then immediately continue running the script.

Excluding the mouse cursor makes no difference and a delay of several seconds before the line with Set L_ObjPicture_B=MyOwnName.Picture() does not solve the problem.

Do you have any ideas what I can do instead of setting a breakpoint?

Best regards

Johnny Pedersen

5 Replies

jope
    New Contributor
    Hi

I attach the two different bitmap files. When I run my script with a breakpoint the resulting files are equal.

BR

Johnny

• Hi Johnny,

There are slight differences between the two images - possibly caused by gradients or smoothing. Setting the PixelTolerance and the ColorTolerance parameters of the Region checkpoint to 4 will make TestComplete treat them as equal: 

var img2 = Utils.Picture; 

img2.LoadFromFile("d:\\DELETE ME\\A\\AA.bmp"); 

Regions.A_bmp.Check(img2, false, false, 4, 4); 

In the future, I recommend that you follow the suggestion provided in the Why Image Comparison Fails help topic if you face such problems again.
    jope
    New Contributor
    Hi Allen

Thanks for your advice.

BR Johnny