Contributor
13 years ago

host add problem

Hi,

I adding new host but when I verify it it shows error "Server not started"

I am using testcomplete 7.on windows XP

See..

1) path is correct

2)both master and slave are communicating with each other (I can add/delete file on slave from master).

also when I am adding address of host that time slave m/c display in popup .

3)firewall is off

4)tcrea.exe is running

5)both TestExecute are registered and same version

6)in system-remote=allow user to connect remotely to this system is checked

I have done all these setting ...but still it showing error when I verify host.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in Advance 

Ashish

3 Replies

• Hi Ashish,

Please, see the following threads where issues similar to yours are discussed:

http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=5b4dc97e-7cd9-4c23-b200-3b4d1e15dc72

http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=4c52dad4-15c6-47f3-9725-ea562f8fa5c3

Also, in addition to the recommendations from these threads, I would like to suggest you the following ones:

1. Make sure that both the master and slave machines reside in the same network.

2. Make sure that there are no other machines in your network with the same machine name as that you specified as the host name (if you still want to use the machine name instead of the IP address).

3. Make sure that the firewalls are disabled on both the master and slave machines.

I hope that all the above-mentioned recommendations (including the threads I have referred you to) will help you solve the issue.
  • Hi Vladimir,

First many thanks for replied me...

These two links I already checked. And three point you given me that already set as I mentioned above.

Note:When I am adding address of host that time slave m/c display in popup with other m/c,Means this m/c is available in same workgroup with diff IP address.I can add delete file of slave m/c from master m/c ..

Other m/c added successfully but only one m/c shows error that "Server not started". 

Is there any another reason?

Thanks

Ashish
  • Hi Ashish,

Please try specifying the IP address of the slave machine, not its network name, in the Address field of the Hosts editor. Also, try pinging the specified IP address from the master machine to be sure that the machine with this IP address is available. I guess, you select the slave machine's name from the Select Host dialog, which is invoked after you click the ellipsis button in the Address field, therefore, the slave machine's network name is specified instead of the IP address in your case.

Furthermore, please recheck that tcrea.exe is running on the slave machine and the firewall is disabled on that machine, as well as on the master one. Also, make sure again that all other requirements listed in the Message - Verification failed help topic are met in your case.

If this does not help you, please submit your request to our Support Team via the Contact Support form on our web site and describe in greater detail all the steps you are performing to add and verify a slave host and the results you get. Please refer to this thread in your request.