Forum Discussion

mgroen
Frequent Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

cannot find host

I would like to set up distributed testing.

In the company network, I have 2 virtual machines (VMWare), which can be accessed by Remote Desktop. Ping also works.

however, whatever I try, I cannot get Testcomplete to find / recognize these 2 VM's

name of one of the 2 VM's is:

win7-qa

IP address: 172.19.0.47

I have tried entering IP addresses, filling in win7-qa as host name etc. but constantly get the error "Invalid address". Also, when I use the option "Fill from network", these 2 virtual machines are not displayed..

If I use ping 172.19.0.47 I get successfull connection, ping win7-qa also works... I can connect/login with Microsoft Remote Desktop succesfully, using the same Username en password specified in TC's Network Suite.

I have TestExecute running on the VM's... (in idle state)

I have also filled in the same username in the Network Suite's Properties screen, but that does not have any noticable effect...

Is there anything what I am missing?

How can I make TestExecute actually "see" these hosts? I need the hosts to start distributing testing, right?

Attached is screenshot of the error I see...

• Matt and Nadya,

I'm experiencing a similar situation and have been following the posts with no success on this end. Were you able to resolve the problem?

5 Replies

nevstafeva
    Occasional Contributor
    Try to delete all values from property page of NetWorkSuite. It solved my problem.

And I set the host-address by IP, not by NAME: if i set IP - verificationn is OK, but if I set Name in host-address, i get the error message: Verification failed.
  • Matt and Nadya,

I'm experiencing a similar situation and have been following the posts with no success on this end. Were you able to resolve the problem?
  • The firewall is disabled and the ports are open and show an established connection on port 6090.

When a user session is active on the VM, this message appears on verification(where NNN is the computer name and III is the ip address):

Verfication Failed, NNN (III): Unable to create user session on remote computer.

When a user session is not open, this message appears:

Verfication Failed, NNN (III): Communication error..

mgroen
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Mark,

for me indeed the solution was to disable the firewalls on the VM's (I was allowed to disabled the complete firewall on VMs by the system admin), after that I redo a Verification check and the verification succeeded.