Forum Discussion

redsgt
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

HISUtils["StopWatch"]

Does HISUtils["StopWatch"] have a maximum value?

I'm currently running a test that's about 15 hours into a 17ish hour test.  I'm using a while loop to update the Indicator with how long the test has been running.  I won't be able to investigate further until the test is finished, but it seems that the StopWatch stopped updating at 08:27:59 even though the test and TextExecute seem to still be running fine.

2 Replies

redsgt
    Occasional Contributor

Well it looks like it worked fine once it was logged, so it's just a matter of the Indicator not updating.

Now I'm thinking there is a limit to how many strings you can push on to the Indicator stack.

• Hi,

Does HISUtils["StopWatch"] have a maximum value

Yes, it is possible to measure time intervals up to 100 hours long.

there is a limit to how many strings you can push on to the Indicator stack

The only limit is the RAM size.

To help us investigate the behavior, please collect memory dumps for the TestExecute instance that have this problem. Here are the steps:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package and install it.

2. When the indicator stops updating, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe" -pn TestExecute.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\Dump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestExecute.exe process to the "C:\Dump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Correct the dump file name in the above command line (for example, change it to Dump2.dmp), wait for two minutes, and execute the command again.

4. Repeat step 3.

5. Send us all of the generated dump files.