Forum Discussion

prasad_kumar_s
Contributor
10 years ago

Hi, How to slow the execution speed of Test Complete Tool, is there any setting need to be changed.

Hi,

How to slow the execution speed of Test Complete Tool, is there any setting need to be changed.

Earlier when i ran the script with out releasing objects variables (i.e Not setting the varibles to Nothing (Vbscripting)),it was running and saying at some point of time object does not exists (i thought there would be memory issue and tried to release the object), but when i released the object and tried to run it is failing frequently and i feel the tool is running faster, so want to know is there any setting to control the speed of the Test Complete Tool.

Thanks
Prasad

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

In Project Properties, you can change the delay between events.  This will give you some time between each statement in your test.  You may find that certain events need even more time, and you can put a Delay right before those in your test.

playbackdelay.png

NisHera
      Valued Contributor

Also you can use Waite property of object to hold TC untill object become active.

link for the documentation

• The speed will only interfere only when your action (referring to your application) takes longer to load (heavy process). However the solution is Delay in part that runs the "heavy" process. Full've searched and not found.