Forum Discussion

johnsski
New Contributor
5 months ago
Solved

Test Complete: why does the auto-wait timeout value change by it's self?

Hi

I'm using v 15.55.53.7 or at least the latest/almost latest version for a year now. I notice many times the auto-wait time changes from 300 to 100 or even 0 by it's self & with no notification. Why does this happen? Is this a bug?

Thanks,
John

• Can you give us some details about where you see it change and a test where it happens?

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Can you give us some details about where you see it change and a test where it happens?

johnsski
    New Contributor

Thanks for the answers. Checking things I find it's the fault of a script routine that has to be like that. Case closed.

• Hi
    • Open the project in TestComplete and review the project settings, specifically those related to the auto-wait timeout.
    • Check if there are any script routines or functions that modify the auto-wait timeout during test execution.
    eykxas
    Frequent Contributor

Hi, I have a similar issue. 

In the project properties, the auto-wait timeout is set to 4000 ms.
    But sometimes TC waits much longer than that.

For example in this code : 

the "Aliases.WINWORD.form.SetFocus()",  TC waits between 10 and 30 seconds to execute the SetFocus method. Even when the form object is already on screen. And I don't understand why. It should wait only 4s, according to the auto-wait.