Forum Discussion

craighook
New Contributor
13 years ago

Help with object name mapping

I am trying to build keyword tests for a WPF application.  When I record the test to enter data to a field the object is mapped as one name then when played back, the object has another name, thus giving the error report below.  Can someone please help me with the name mapping as suggested ?

CraigH

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :

An error occurred while calling the "Keys" method or property of the "MetrixTextBox"

object.

The object or one of its parent objects does not exist.

Tested Object

Alias: Aliases.Metrix531Test.HwndSource_StartupWindow.StartupWindow.FunctionTabControl.AddEditGridScrollViewer.RadTabControl.ScrollViewer.lv_36.ListViewItem.MetrixLookupTextBox.MetrixTextBox
Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.Metrix531Test.HwndSource_StartupWindow.StartupWindow.FunctionTabControl.AddEditGridScrollViewer.RadTabControl.ScrollViewer.lv_36.ListViewItem.MetrixLookupTextBox.MetrixTextBox

Missing Object

Alias: Aliases.Metrix531Test.HwndSource_StartupWindow.StartupWindow.FunctionTabControl.AddEditGridScrollViewer.RadTabControl.ScrollViewer.lv_36
Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.Metrix531Test.HwndSource_StartupWindow.StartupWindow.FunctionTabControl.AddEditGridScrollViewer.RadTabControl.ScrollViewer.lv_36

1 Reply

• Hi,

There's a support case regarding this in our DB. It appears that the problematic object is mapped by the NativeClrObject.Name property whose stored value is 'lv_36', while the actual value of this property is empty in the problematic control.

Did remapping the object by other properties help?