Forum Discussion

DCat1223
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Help referring to an object in an automated Keyword test...

Good afternoon. I am testing a web based SharePoint application used to enroll employees and their family members in healthcare and dental plans. I have run into a snag creating an automated test to ...
    DCat1223
    9 years ago

Colin_McCrae and Marsha_R,

I think I may have just figured this out - 5 minutes after my last post to you both.

I started to tinker with the findObject Keyword test object, thinking I could do a find for dependent3 and if not found then look for dependent4 and do the required action.  Using that, I selected the button of the first dependent listed using the Object Spy in the findObject and it displayed as: Aliases.browser.pageHealthcareDependents.formEnrollmentform.table.cellDependentcellDependentcontai.panelCovered.

Not the expected name containing "dependent4".  With nothing to lose, I put that in my test and it worked for both dependents 4 and 5!

They say "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."  I guess this squirrel just found a nut. :) 

I really want to thank you both for the time you've put into helping me out with this.  I just wonder why the findObject would yield a different result than the property. 

Thank you!

Dave.