Forum Discussion

uditbatra87
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Having a Hard time with Xceed Grids :(

Hi,

i am automating an Application which has Xceed Grids. i have checked the TestComplete 8 Documentation but the class of Xceed Grid

supported is : Xceed.Grid.GridControl. But my application has some other Class.

it's detected as "Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid".  if i try using methods like wColumnCount,wRowCount, they don't work at all.

Also i have another Class of grid called "ColumnBindingGrid". i haven't been able to find anything on the TestComplete Support docs about this object.

i mean the Class is "AtlasRisk.TreeGrid.ColumnBindingGrid".(AtlasRisk is my App). i am required to Click a button within a Grid cell.

Please let me know if there's any documentation on this or some methods that i can try.

i tried ObjGrid.wValue(Row,Column) but didn't work.

1 Reply

Anonymous

Hi Udit,

TestComplete provides official support for Xceed Grid for .NET. According to your class name, you are using the Xceed grid control for WPF. However, you can work with the grid as with any other WPF object. You can use Xceed DataGrid's native properties and methods to work with the grid. I recommend that you refer to the Xceed DataGrid documentation or ask your developers to help you find the necessary grid's methods or properties. 

As for the other control, it looks like this is a custom control. First of all, please check whether the control is inherited from a control that is specially supported by TestComplete. If it is, use the Object Mapping feature to make TestComplete treat the control as a supported control. Otherwise, you will have to use the control's native properties and methods.

Does anybody have script samples for these controls? Can you share them with us?