Forum Discussion

praveen_l_singh
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

WPFObject grid

Hi,

I am unable to retrieve cell value from wpf object grid. Have tried different options but it didn't work. Object hirarchy is below. Can you pls suggest?

NameMapping.Sys.Process("Jpmc.Etrading.Mati.MainShell.Credit").WPFObject("HwndSource: XpfRibbonShellView", "Credit Insight NA UAT | 1.9.5.2361").WPFObject("XpfRibbonShellView", "Credit Insight NA UAT | 1.9.5.2361", 1).WPFObject("ContentControl", "", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("ContentControl", "", 2).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("ContentControl", "", 1).WPFObject("PART_ContainerContent").WPFObject("shellContent").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("barManager").WPFObject("DockPanel", "", 1).WPFObject("mainWorkspace").WPFObject("dockLayoutManager").WPFObject("dockItem1").WPFObject("item6").WPFObject("item7").WPFObject("rootControl").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("grid").WPFObject("gridView")

• I was running in a similar problem with WPF testing.

I ended up using the FileChild routine to drill down through a large number of levels.

What I use is:

Set toolgrid =  animPanel.FindChild("Name", "WPFObject(""Tool_Grid"")", 19)

Set wpfHP =       toolgrid.FindChild("Name", "WPFObject(""Gauge_HP"")", 9)

Set gaugeHP =     wpfHP.FindChild("Name", "WPFObject(""MyReading"")", 9)

Where animPanel was preiously defined for the user control UI.

The toolgrid is the top level of the WPF components within the animation pannel.

The wpfHP is a branch top for the gauge I want to read.

gaugeHP is where the actual value I want to read.

I also found this to be 10 times faster to initilize than specifying a single, very long, Set statement.

Don't ask me why it would be faster, I have a Forum topic started on the why.

it also makes it easier to debug, less likely to break should the developer makes a change, and easier to read.

5 Replies

praveen_l_singh
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the reply John, yes using Find is much faster in navigating the hierarchy.

For handling WPPF grid for my application I was able to find 2 solutions (Thx to a Colleague);

1)

Set obj_Grid = NameMapping. .....WPFObject("grid")

Set obj_Row = obj_Grid.DataSource.Item(0) ' Handle to row #1

Msgbox obj_Row.WrappedObject.COLUMNNAME

2)

By adding the property value clrFullClassName of the WPFObject("grid") in

Tools-> Current Project Properties -> Object Mapping:

Developer Express Controls -> WPF -> GridControl

After following above, WValue, WColumn etc properties are available for use and I am able to retrieve the value as below:

Set obj_Grid = NameMapping. .....WPFObject("grid")

Msgbox obj_Grid.WValue(2,2)

praveen_l_singh
    Occasional Contributor
    I have used methods like 

1) wColumnCount, wColumn, wValue

2)

set x = NameMapping.Sys.Process("Jpmc.Etrading.Mati.MainShell.Credit").WPFObject("HwndSource: XpfRibbonShellView", "Credit Insight NA UAT | 1.9.5.2361").WPFObject("XpfRibbonShellView", "Credit Insight NA UAT | 1.9.5.2361", 1).WPFObject("ContentControl", "", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("ContentControl", "", 2).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("ContentControl", "", 1).WPFObject("PART_ContainerContent").WPFObject("shellContent").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("barManager").WPFObject("DockPanel", "", 1).WPFObject("mainWorkspace").WPFObject("dockLayoutManager").WPFObject("dockItem1").WPFObject("item6").WPFObject("item7").WPFObject("rootControl").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("grid").WPFObject("gridView")

Set val = x.Items.Item(0).Item(2)

msgbox val

Pls suggest.

praveen_l_singh
    Occasional Contributor
    Looking at the methods, I see a method ;

GetCellDisplayText(rowHandle as Integer, column as Object) as Object

I tried using it as;

1)GetCellDisplayText(1,"ColumnName")

2)GetCellDisplayText(1,1)

3)set obj1 = Namemapping.sys.....WPFObject("grid")

Set obj2 = obj1.CreateColumn

Msgbox GetCellDisplayText(1,obj2)

All 3 didn't work.

If I am on correct path, any suggestions on how would I pass column object?

hautzenroeder1
    Occasional Contributor
    I was running in a similar problem with WPF testing.

I ended up using the FileChild routine to drill down through a large number of levels.

What I use is:

Set toolgrid =  animPanel.FindChild("Name", "WPFObject(""Tool_Grid"")", 19)

Set wpfHP =       toolgrid.FindChild("Name", "WPFObject(""Gauge_HP"")", 9)

Set gaugeHP =     wpfHP.FindChild("Name", "WPFObject(""MyReading"")", 9)

Where animPanel was preiously defined for the user control UI.

The toolgrid is the top level of the WPF components within the animation pannel.

The wpfHP is a branch top for the gauge I want to read.

gaugeHP is where the actual value I want to read.

I also found this to be 10 times faster to initilize than specifying a single, very long, Set statement.

Don't ask me why it would be faster, I have a Forum topic started on the why.

it also makes it easier to debug, less likely to break should the developer makes a change, and easier to read.