Forum Discussion

ameykhopade
Contributor
8 years ago

Getting an error as "There was an attempt to perform an action on a zero-sized window."

HI,

I am using Data driven FrameWork created to test the web pages which ises the Object Browser fullname toe perform the action.

and i am trying to perform a click action on the filter button which is 

"

Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("*").Form("aspnetForm").Panel("divHeaderAndContent").Panel("contentWrapper").Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(2).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Table(0).Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).FindChild("Id","571",100)

"when i try to highlight this object using the object browser it is not showing this.

and in my test when i try to perform a click action on this abject i am getting an error as 

"There was an attempt to perform an action on a zero-sized window. "

"The window size is (14, 0); the screen rectangle: the left top corner is (214, 231), the right bottom corner is (228, 231). Tested object: Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("*").Form("aspnetForm").Panel("divHeaderAndContent").Panel("contentWrapper").Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(2).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Table(0).Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Link(0)"

I am not sure why i am getting this error even though my Findchild worked correctly for other object correctly with no error.

Is it because it is not highlighting the object ?

see the attached image i need to click on the filter icon next to the Name label but unable to click on the filter icon

can you please help me here?

Thanks

10 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Can you show the properties of this element: Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("*").Form("aspnetForm").Panel("divHeaderAndContent").Panel("contentWrapper").Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(2).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Table(0).Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Link(0)

What do you see in the Object Browser? 

Also I recommend to go through this topic: https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/86688/

ameykhopade
      Contributor

Do you want any specific property or all the basic properties 

i am using  Execute(strCommandLine) this command to execute.

where strCommandLine = call Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("*").Form("aspnetForm").Panel("divHeaderAndContent").Panel("contentWrapper").Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(2).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Table(0).Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Link(0).click

baxatob
        Community Hero

Your target element (Link) has the "Height" property == 0 => "VisibleOnScreen" == False

This is why TestComplete engine can't interact with it.

Possible workaround is to interact with its parent element - Panel

But I bet that this is a kind of application code issue. Can you check CSS code for this kind of element?  Especially its display property.