Forum Discussion

TESTUS
Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

FullName-Property changing arbitrary

Hello there,

im facing some bad problems here. Im running TestComplete 9 on Windows 7 and Im testing a VB6 Application.

Im mapping a button by its FullName-Property but when I restart the Application for some odd reason sometimes the FullName-Property changes thus my Alias isn't working anymore.

I checked the Full-Name and it seems to switch between those 2:

Sys.Process("Testus").Window("ThunderRT6FormDC", "TESTUS (V3.14.15) - Administrator", 2).VBObject("Splitter").VBObject("ctlContainer").VBObject("ctlSpezifikationSituation").VBObject("tabMain").VBObject("ctlSpezifikationReaktion").VBObject("Splitter_3").VBObject("frmReaktionen").VBObject("cmdAddSequence").VBObject("cmdAddSequence")

Sys.Process("Testus").Window("ThunderRT6FormDC", "TESTUS (V3.14.15) - Administrator", 2).VBObject("Splitter").VBObject("ctlContainer").VBObject("ctlSpezifikationSituation").VBObject("tabMain").VBObject("ctlSpezifikationReaktion").VBObject("Splitter").VBObject("frmReaktionen").VBObject("cmdAddSequence").VBObject("cmdAddSequence")

Im facing that problem since I switched from Windows XP & TestComplete 7 to Windows 7 and TestComplete 9. I tried to reproduce that error on WinXP with TC7 with no results which means that it is not my Application causing this problem.

I hope somebody can help me.

Greetings

17 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guys,

I've replied to your support cases. Share your results with us!

• Hello Tanya,

thank you very much for the help!

That Patch doesn't seem to be compatible with my TC 9.10

Is there any other way? If I got it right the update to 9.20 is gonna cost and I dont have the Budget for that. What can I do?

Greetings

Oliver
  • Hello again,

can you please tell me what to do now?

Im kind of desperate here.

Greetings

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Oliver,

Let's continue working with you via email.

dyoshida
    New Contributor
    I'm having the same problem.  We are upgrading from 8.70 to 9.20.   If I could get the patch for Test Complete and Test Execute, that would be swell.  I've put in a ticket already but haven't been assigned a case number yet, so the sooner I get the patch the better.

Edit: Never mind, links to the patches got filtered in my email.  Trying them now.

• Hi,

While executing the scripts Test Complete is unable to recognize the object as FullName-Property changing arbitrary.

Every time TestComplete visit to specific page/GUI it assign a new full name like:

Sys.Process("APP").VBObject("fMain").VBObject("Img_2")

Sys.Process("APP").VBObject("fMain_2").VBObject("Img_2")

Sys.Process("APP").VBObject("fMain_2").VBObject("lbl_3")

Sys.Process("APP").VBObject("fMain_3").VBObject("Img_2")

Sys.Process("APP").VBObject("fMain_3").VBObject("lbl_3")

Here the name of "fMain" is changing frequently. I can manage through the FindChild method but it makes the execution slower and sometime invoking some random page of the application which is not in scripts too. It's not releasing the object from the object browser.

I hope there should be so solution for this type of TestComplete issue. Please do the needful.