Forum Discussion

mrajendran
New Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

French notations are ignored when entering data in a text field

Test data (French text - Indésiré) using SetText method or Keys inputs only the English letters (Indsir).
That is, When entering data in a text field, the text is typed without the letter that has French notations (Say é).

Ex: Indésiré --> Indsir
  • There was a need of the settings update as below

# Settings -> Time & Language -> Language -> Administrative language settings -> Change system locale button under Administrative Tab -> "Current system locale" as French (France)
    # -> which will get reflected in "Settings -> Time & Language -> Language" as "Français (France) Language pack installed" under "Preferred Language"

7 Replies

mrajendran
    New Contributor

There was a need of the settings update as below

# Settings -> Time & Language -> Language -> Administrative language settings -> Change system locale button under Administrative Tab -> "Current system locale" as French (France)
    # -> which will get reflected in "Settings -> Time & Language -> Language" as "Français (France) Language pack installed" under "Preferred Language"

eykxas
    Frequent Contributor

I have all the settings configured properly, but I get the same problem. Some diacritic are ignored. (like circumflex accent for example).

For instance : é and è are typed properly by TC but all of these letters > ä â à ë ê ì  ò ö ô, are ignored.

EDIT : after some investigations, the issue occur with "Sys.Keys" function. If I use the property Text of my textbox ( object.Text = value) all the letters with diacritics work. But in the case of my webapp, I can't use this method. My textbox need a real input to work properly.

EDIT 2 : I found a workaround. If I use low level procedures and write : "B^atiment" instead of "Bâtiment" it works.

mrajendran
      New Contributor

Thanks for the reply rraghvani 

But the French alphabets are still ignored. Please refer the below image.

did you install any extensions to support this?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I'm using TC v15.55.53.7 on Windows v10.0.19045 using the following,

Also, ensure your system font supports other characters.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Are you able to use object.Keys("[Alt0226]"). For example,

In the documentation, it does mention you can use X and D tags for circumflex characters - I couldn't get this to work though.

Use Character Map, to get the correct code.

eykxas
    Frequent Contributor

its not working. If I use [D221]a it gave me a regular "a" without the circumflex.

EDIT : okay ! So I have three syntax possible (for the word Bâtiment) :

- B^^atiment > works with Sys.Keys natively

- B^atiment > my own solution

- B[Alt+0226]timent > works with Sys.Keys too.