Forum Discussion

larolsen
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Feature request: Namemapping cleanup tool

Hi

In our testsuite we have a huge namemapping file, that is being edited constantly. This has resulted in many branches in the namemapping tree that does not have any associated aliases anymore. A tool (or script for that matter) than can clean this up, would increase the overview of the namemapping for all our developers (and perhaps help performance)

So I would whish for a tool or script that can go through the entire namemapping tree, and delete branches that does not have any aliases defined.

Improvement idea: If it could run through all of our scripts, and delete any alias that is not referenced, this would increase our overview even more :-)

Does anybody have any ideas of input to such a functionality?

/Lars

• Hi Guys,

We have a corresponding suggestion in our DB - I've increased its rating based on your requests.

Thanks!

2 Replies

KristinaA
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I assume mapped objects should be cleaned up as well. Time to time, some mapped objects are not used anymore and they could be removed. I am interested in Namemapping cleanup tool as well for both mapped objects and aliases.

Thanks,

Kristina

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guys,

We have a corresponding suggestion in our DB - I've increased its rating based on your requests.

Thanks!