Forum Discussion

bindu
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Executing 2 projects under the Same Suite

Hi,

I have a project which deals with windows application (AIR) and also a web application built on plain Java and HTML.

I created a Project Suite under which I have 2 projects created to deal with them seperately as they 2 different applications.

I have to execute them in such a way that I should check the flow between these 2 applications.

Which would be the best way to do it using Test Complete apart from me executing the projects individually.

Thanks,

Bindhu

1 Reply

• Hi,

It depends on how you check the data flow between your applications. If they work on different machines (like in a client-server architecture), you can run your two projects via the network and synchronize them (see the Distributed Testing help topic).

If they run on the same machine, you need to use one project for this and organize your tests (script routines, KD tests etc.) according to the events which should occur - a function clicks a button in one application, then another function checks the output in the other application and so on. The reason to have a single project here is that you cannot run project simultaneously, they can work only one by one.