Forum Discussion

Matthias68
Occasional Contributor
8 months ago
Solved

Error Message when running QT Sample application

Hi everybody,

we are having recognition problems with a QT application (LTS 5.15.8) that we want to integrate into our E2E tests.

To see what QT applications with TestComplete normally look like, we downloaded the TestComplete examples. However, when starting the QT demo, we get the following (german) error message:

---------------------------
Orders.exe - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden
Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "?qWinMain@@YAXPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADHAAHAAV?$QVector@PAD@@@Z" wurde in der DLL "C:\Users\Public\Documents\TestComplete 15 Samples\Desktop\Orders\Qt\Release\Orders.exe" nicht gefunden.
OK

Is there any documentation on what requirements must be met for this sample application to run?

Best regards

Matthias

• After trying different versions, it requires qt-windows-opensource-5.0.0-msvc2010_32-x86-offline.exe.

My environment variable PATH includes "C:\Sandbox\Qt\Qt5.0.0\5.0.0\msvc2010\bin"

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

When I run Orders.exe, I get the following error message

As noted in the Orders_JavaScript.js file - The tested Orders application used by this project requires the Qt5Core.dll, Qt5Gui.dll and Qt5Widgets.dll libraries. These libraries are not part of the TestComplete Samples installation. To run the sample project, either copy these libraries from your <Qt>\<version>\bin folder to the <TestComplete Samples>\Desktop\Orders\Qt\Release folder or make sure that the PATH environment variable includes the <Qt>\<version>\bin path.

Matthias68
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

the path was set to the QT runtime directory of our application, where the 3 files mentioned are all present. To be on the safe side, we also copied the 3 files into the example application directory. Unfortunately the same error message appears.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

After trying different versions, it requires qt-windows-opensource-5.0.0-msvc2010_32-x86-offline.exe.

My environment variable PATH includes "C:\Sandbox\Qt\Qt5.0.0\5.0.0\msvc2010\bin"

Matthias68
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you,

this works!

Anonymous: Maybe an update to the documentation that adds the requirements for the QT example application makes sense.

Best regards

Matthias