Forum Discussion

sankar_k
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Entering value into child grid

Hi there

I am trying to enter data into a hierarchical ultra win grid . For example the table contains 10 rows and each and every row contains a child view that contains multiple rows as well. (screen shot attached)

I am able to enter data into the master row using the following code and it is successful

GridW.Table("RearrangeFormat").Row("Template Add Row").Cell("Format Name").Value = "AUTO0100"

GridW.Table("RearrangeFormat").Row("Template Add Row").Cell("Description").Value = "AUTO0100"

The point is that I couldn't use the following code as these are list / combo boxes where the value displayed on the screen is different from that is actually stored in the fields

Grid.wValue(80,"Format Name")= "AUTO0009"

The Issus is that I am able to enter data for the master row and I couldn't do the same for the child view. If I use wValue, the application doesn't accept this and I am not sure how to use Table syntax for the child view

Appreciate your help

3 Replies

vickybalu222
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

If u want edit the Values in the Grid means, Find the Cell and their Child Object Type. You Need to Set the Value based on the Object found. in Grid Cell Contains Checkbox, Combobox means, you need to write different code

sankar_k
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi There

Thanks for the response. I don't have any issues in working with simple Grid. The issue is accessing the values in a hierarchical Grid. A grid contains, say 10 rows and each and every contains child records. I have issues in accessing the child grid.

Sankar K
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sankar,

What grid are you using? Try mapping it under the one that is officially supported by TestComplete. You'll need to use the "Object Mapping" feature for this.