Forum Discussion

jeeejay
Contributor
12 years ago

Enhancement for Log.SaveResultAs

Hello,

We have a 'master' project suite to which we add all our projects and each project has multiple test items. The project suite is triggred every night.

Manually, I can select the log of any test item in the entire log tree and export it (I can even select a particular row from the log - that's cool) however; from the script, the only way to export logs is Log.SaveResultAs and it saves everything that has been logged until that point in time. This log (mht) in our case, is over a gig in size as we save visualizer images as well and it takes around three to five minutes for the process to complete (thankfully TC doesn't crash !!).

It would be nice to have an optional parameter that allows the user to save the 'entire' (could be the default) log or 'current' test item only.

Thoughts?

- GJ

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

At the moment, it's possible to save only the entire test log from the script. We have an appropriate suggestion in our DB, and your request has increased its rating. Thanks!

In the meantime, you can use the approach I described here to accomplish your task.

rgratis
    Frequent Contributor
    I'd like to add my vote to this enhancement as well.  It would be very useful to be able to export only the current test item log.

We too have a master project suite.  The later errors occur in the project suite, the more time it takes to export the log and send out the error notifications.