Forum Discussion

t_nguyen
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Defining Variables for a path in an explorer window

Hello, Here is a little background on my scenario:

I have recorded hundreds of scripts and what is common between these test scripts is they involve opening a explorer window and typing in a path such as: "P:\0001-Test Complete\Project\ProjectFile.txt"

The problem I have is that the "0001-Test Complete" folder stored centrally on a P drive will require a new code assigned every year. So as of next year the folder will need to be renamed to "0002-Test Complete". This will mean that I need to go through all my scripts and change what is typed into the explorer window to: "P:\0002-Test Complete\Project\ProjectFile.txt"

Is there an easier way I can do this such as defining once the path and then use it as a variable in all my scripts so that next year I only need to change it once and the variables defined in each script does the rest?

Thank you in advance for any assistance
  • Hi Thanh,

You have to change the following statment with the ProjectSuitVariable.

comboBoxEx32["SetText"]("P:\\0001-Test Complete\\SFCL-13-62.502 - Test Complete\\");

comboBoxEx32["SetText"]("P:\\0001-Test Complete\\SFCL-13-62.502 - Test Complete\\");

Assuming that , you have defined a ProjectSuit Variable named PV_var and assingned "P:\\0001-Test Complete\\SFCL-13-62.502 - Test Complete\\" value to it.

So your code would be like this

comboBoxEx32["SetText"](ProjectSuit["Variables"]["PV_Var"]));

[There might be few syntax erros in the above code as I do not have TC right now with me.]

For more information , please refer the link below:

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/28298/ 

4 Replies

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Thanh,

You have to change the following statment with the ProjectSuitVariable.

Assuming that , you have defined a ProjectSuit Variable named PV_var and assingned "P:\\0001-Test Complete\\SFCL-13-62.502 - Test Complete\\" value to it.

So your code would be like this

comboBoxEx32["SetText"](ProjectSuit["Variables"]["PV_Var"]));

[There might be few syntax erros in the above code as I do not have TC right now with me.]

For more information , please refer the link below:

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/28298/ 

t_nguyen
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Vajindar

Thanks for your reply. I have read through the section you linked me too but it still doesnt really help me. Either that or I am not understanding it right. Here is a example of the type of test I am running:

function Test1()

{

var explorer;

var msctls_progress32;

var comboBoxEx32;

var edit;

explorer = Aliases["explorer"];

explorer["wndStart"]["ClickButton"]();

explorer["wndDV2ControlHost"]["DesktopSpecialFolders"]["SysListView32"]["ClickItem"]("Computer", 0);

msctls_progress32 = explorer["wndComputer"]["WorkerW"]["ReBarWindow32"]["AddressBandRoot"]["msctls_progress32"];

msctls_progress32["BreadcrumbParent"]["ToolbarWindow32"]["ClickItemXY"]("Desktop", 11, 9, false);

comboBoxEx32 = msctls_progress32["ComboBoxEx32"];

edit = comboBoxEx32["ComboBox"]["Edit"];

edit["Keys"]("[Enter]");

explorer["wndCabinetWClass"]["Close"]();

}

The part where I type the folder path "0001-Test Complete" is the bit that would change every year and would be great if I can replace that with something more global. I hope this is more specific.

Many thanks

t_nguyen
    Occasional Contributor
    Varjindar you are a legend. Thanks for sorting that so quickly. Works a treat