Forum Discussion

kromosome
New Contributor
13 years ago

Connect to MySQL database error

I tried to connect MySQL script, but its prompt out message saying that "Provider cannot be found. IT may not be properly installed."

i had downloaded and installed MySQL 5.1 and i'm able to create and connect to db through DNS settings.

Dim Connection

Dim ConnectionString

Dim SQL

ConnString = "Provider={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}; SERVER=serverip; PORT=3306; DATABASE=Your_Mysql_DB; " &_

"UID=mysql_username;PASSWORD=mysql_password; OPTION=3"

Set Connection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

Connection.Open ConnString

May i know is it i need to do somethings on the MySQL provider?

or another solutions on this?

2 Replies

Anonymous
    Please don't allow the lure of a status symbol be so fake chanel great that we ignore what's really behind the shiny name tag.So let's get serious hublot watches now.Most people think buying a fake designer replica watches uk bag is no big deal. It hurts no one and helps the little replica watches sale vendor selling them. But there's more to this trend than you may know Replica Rolex and unsuspecting consumers may not get "hurt" per se, but there is a greater cost.Counterfeiting is a chanel replica multi-billion dollar business. And it's not just purses, and replica watches uk it's not just little street vendors making a profit. It's suggested that terrorists hublot replica make more money selling counterfeits than selling drugs.