Forum Discussion

jeremyt
Contributor
9 years ago

Conditional name mapping popup objects

I don't get how we're supposed to be able to use conditional name mapping on objects that are dynamic. The object only exists when it has focus, once it loses focus it disappears and the object gets destroyed (i.e. normal popup behavior). As a result the object no longer exists so TC will not show the Conditional Mode button. Is there not a way to manually enter conditional criteria? If not, why?!

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jeremyt,

I suppose that if you use the Store full Code Completion data feature to make TestComplete store all information about a mapped object, you’ll be able to use Conditional Mode. Give it a try. Please refer to the Name Mapping Editor - Toolbar ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/68673/ ) article for details.

jeremyt
      Contributor

I tried that but it doesn't work, when I edit the name mapping Conditional is still not an option. I also tried to create a new map for that object but I can't do that either, I just keep getting a "The object you are trying to map does not exist". There in lies the problem, the object only exists when it has focus (common bahoviour of popups), once it loses focus it disappears and is destroyed.

Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

I tried this with some popout menus on a Delphi Tree and hit the same problem. As soon as it vanished (which was as soon as focus transferred back to TestComplete) all properties were gone and I couldn't find any way to get them back.

I do handle such objects in my Delphi tests, but I don't map them. I identify them at run time dynamically. I kind of have to due to dynamic naming properties which are generated by the previous selection. I was able to get enough info to do this from the initial look at them using the CTRL+SHIFT+A spy method. If I had to dig deeper and map them, I'd be stuck as well.