Forum Discussion

eliveoseph
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Compatibility Issues with Intel Evo Laptop and TestComplete Tool

Hello SmartBear Community,

I'm experiencing compatibility issues between my Intel Evo laptop and the SmartBear TestComplete tool, and I'm seeking assistance and insights from the community to address these concerns. Your expertise and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Installation Problems: When attempting to install SmartBear TestComplete on my Intel Evo laptop, I encounter difficulties and errors. The installation process may fail, freeze, or encounter compatibility warnings, preventing me from successfully installing the tool. These installation problems hinder my ability to utilize TestComplete effectively.
  • Performance and Stability Issues: After successful installation, I notice performance and stability issues when running SmartBear TestComplete on my Intel Evo laptop. The tool may run slowly, become unresponsive, or crash unexpectedly, impacting my testing workflows and productivity. These issues disrupt my ability to effectively perform automated testing activities using TestComplete.
  • Integration Challenges: I experience challenges when integrating SmartBear TestComplete with other development and testing tools on my Intel Evo laptop. The integration may not work seamlessly, causing compatibility issues, data inconsistencies, or difficulties in synchronizing test cases and test results with other tools in my testing ecosystem.
  • Compatibility with Intel Evo Features: I suspect that there might be compatibility issues between certain features of the Intel Evo platform and SmartBear TestComplete. Features such as power management, touchscreen compatibility, or specific hardware configurations may not function optimally, leading to performance degradation or potential conflicts with the TestComplete tool.

I have attempted troubleshooting steps, including updating TestComplete to the latest version, ensuring my laptop meets the system requirements, and checking for any conflicting software or drivers. However, these compatibility issues between my Intel Evo laptop (lenovo.com/de/de/faqs/intel/intel-evo-platform/) and SmartBear TestComplete persist.

If any members of the SmartBear community have encountered similar compatibility issues with Intel Evo laptops or have suggestions for troubleshooting and resolving these problems specifically related to TestComplete, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Let's collaborate and find solutions to enhance the compatibility and performance of TestComplete on Intel Evo laptops.

Thank you for your valuable input!

2 Replies