Forum Discussion

mohanakshi
Contributor
13 years ago

Code Version Maintanance

Hi,

Can we maintain Project in TestComplete as a different versions.

Thanking You,

Regards,

Mohanakshi

4 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Mohanakshi,

I don't exactly understand what you mean by saying:

maintain Project in TestComplete as a different versions

Could you please clarify what you mean and why you need it?

For example, if you need to bind your project to a Source Conrtrol System and save different versions of the project there, you can easily do this from TestComplete's Project Explorer panel:

1. Right-click the project's name in the Project Explore panel.

2. Select Source Control from the ensuing context menu.

3. The sub-menu that appears lets you perform various actions against the project, for example, check it in and out, get the latest version and so on.

For more information, see Working With Source Control Systems.

One more approach that may help is cloning projects and creating new versions on the basis of the previous one. For example, you can create a project and name it Version1, then you can clone this project, make all the needed changes and name it Version2 and so on. For more information, see Cloning Projects.

• Hi,

This is what i expected, Thank you Irina.

But when i clicked on source Control>add project it gave a window asking for Selecting SCC providers. But its not displaying any list of providers for selection.!!. what i need to do now(is there any settings or Installation process).

Waiting for your reply,

Thanking You,

Regards,

Mohanakshi

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Mohanakshi,

You need to search for and install the SCC provider for the SCC you are going to use.

Some of the SCCs install providers when installing on the system (e.g. Visual SourceSafe), some provide providers for free (e.g. TFS version control), some have commercial providers provided by the third-party companies (e.g. PushOK provider for SVN/CVS).

After you install such provider you should see it in the list of available SCC providers in the dialog mentioned by you.
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Mohanakshi,

Alexei is right, and most likely, you haven't any Source Control provider installed on your machine. The fact is that you need to install the needed source control system outside of TestComplete (as you usually install applications) before adding the project to this system, re-open TestComplete and try again. After that, TestComplete will search for all source control systems installed on your computer and add the found systems to the Select SCC Provider dialog automatically.

For more information on adding files to source control systems, please refer to the Adding Files to Source Code Control help topic.