Forum Discussion

eykxas
Frequent Contributor
8 months ago

Click Item

Hi everyone ! 

For a change, this is not a topic for an issue. I would like to ask the community something. Why do you use the ClickItem method ?
Through many topics I've read, this method seems to be inefficient, buggy, and sometimes has strange behavior. So why using it ?

8 Replies

• Hej eykxas,

the answer is simple. For many years it used to be a reliable method to test all available items in a dropdown and check if they are written to the database after clicking the save button.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I would rather use an existing method if it's available, than to write my own. 

As mentioned in their document for Supported Browsers, they support specific versions of browsers. Any other versions used, may have issues.

eykxas
    Frequent Contributor

I always use my own scripts. I found them more reliable, faster, and when something get wrong, I know exactly what happened and where.

With built-in methods in TC, if something get wrong, you can just cry and expect a fix ^^.

(But I understand that built-in methods require less work to get up and running).

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

In our web application, we use D3.js, which is a JavaScript library for manipulating HTML data, used to create custom dynamic visualisations.

To code these dynamic visualisations will take sometime to do. Whereas, using existing methods to pass in data to draw the chart is a lot quicker. There is a possibility that D3 will break, which it has in the past. But the work involved to resolve this, was minimal.

You have to weight the pros and cons!

nastester
    Regular Contributor

Because it's a feature of the tool and should work? It used to work fine

eykxas
      Frequent Contributor

Should work, yes. But look at the number of topics which report that ClickItem doesn't work. That's why I asked.

Henry1
        Contributor

Everyone reporting that ClickItem doesn't work is usually not aware that they are using a not supported browser that is causing the issue.