Forum Discussion

savyan
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Checkpoint functionality with data driven testcase

Hi,

I am confused with the functionality of datadriven testing in the case of a verification checkpoint. 

I have added a value into a form from my excel file by creating a data driven testcase. Now I need to verify that value is the same as my excel value. I added the checkpoint for that but it always fails to take the vaklue from my excel for this verification. I got an error message saying "Exception". Could you please suggest any solution for this?

Thanks,

Savya

2 Replies

• Why not assign the value from the Excel file as a variable as it is passed into your control. Then you can just perform the checkpoint against the variable?

savyan
      Occasional Contributor

I have tried that way, but did not work.

I clicked on the Property checkpoint's Value column->clicked on the more button->Operation Parameters window appeared-> In that I selected value and clicked on the more button->Edit Parameter window appeared->Then I changed the mode as variable and value as my excel column name.

I tried by changing the mode to both variable & DB table. I fails always.

Please note that I am running that single testcase. Somewhere I heard that excel values will be taking for checkpoints only if we run the project as a suite. If that is the case please let me know.