Forum Discussion

gargashish
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Auto pop - up in TestComplete 8.6

Hi,

I have a licensed version of TestComplete 8.6. I'm facing a problem with the code - completion (auto pop - up) feature. The auto pop - up window doesn't appear even though I have 'Auto Pop - Up' checked under 'Options  > Panels > Code Editor > Editing' menu.

Is there any other place where I need to make changes? This function was working well with my earlier version of TC - 7.52.

Regards,

Ashish

5 Replies

• Hi,

What is the scripting language of your project? What happens if you press "CTRL+Space" when typing in the Code Editor?

gargashish
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

It's VBScript. It works fine when I press Ctrl+Space. But the hints are not displayed while I'm typing.

Regards,

Ashish
  • Hi Ashish,

Here is the quote from the Code Completion help topic:

For VBScript scripts, the Code Editor does not display the Code Completion window when you start typing a new code instruction. The window will automatically pop up after you type a dot at the end of an object’s name, and it will display the object’s properties and methods. To invoke the Code Completion window before typing a dot, press CTRL-SPACE, and you will see the list of available scripting statements.

gargashish
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Has this changed with TestComplete 8? Because I remember auto - complete feature of TC 7.52 showed the auto pop - up window while I typed in the code editor (like it would display "Msgbox" when I would type "Msg" without hitting Ctrl+Space).

Object properties and methods were displayed when I would put a dot at the end of the object's name.

Regards,

Ashish
  • Hi Ashish,

Yes, the Code Completion behavior has been a little changed for VBScript scripts in TestComplete 8.