Forum Discussion

prasad_kumar_s
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Android app crashes when testcomplete runs the performLongClick event

In our android app we have to deep press and select option. To perform a deep press event I am using performLongClick function. After that when I use the Touch action for selecting the option android app crashes. This functionality works fine when done manually. there is no issues with app while manual operation. it happens only while running through test complete.

Anyone can please guide me why this happens?

Regards

Prasad

• Hi Prasad,

Please follow the steps to help us collect more information about the issue:

1. Run Command Prompt.

2. Navigate to the "<Android SDK>\Platform-tools\" folder. To do this, type:

cd <your_drive_letter>:\<path_to_the_Android SDK>\Platform-tools\

3. Execute the following command with Android Debugging Bridge:

adb shell logcat -c

4. Reproduce the problem.

5. Execute the following command with Android Debugging Bridge to generate the report:

adb shell logcat -d > dump.txt

The "dump.txt" file will be created on your machine where the "adb.exe" executable file is located.

6. Send the generated file to our TestComplete Support team.

It will also be helpful if you provide us with your .apk file and test via Contact Support Form to reproduce the issue in our test lab.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Prasad,

Please follow the steps to help us collect more information about the issue:

1. Run Command Prompt.

2. Navigate to the "<Android SDK>\Platform-tools\" folder. To do this, type:

cd <your_drive_letter>:\<path_to_the_Android SDK>\Platform-tools\

3. Execute the following command with Android Debugging Bridge:

adb shell logcat -c

4. Reproduce the problem.

5. Execute the following command with Android Debugging Bridge to generate the report:

adb shell logcat -d > dump.txt

The "dump.txt" file will be created on your machine where the "adb.exe" executable file is located.

6. Send the generated file to our TestComplete Support team.

It will also be helpful if you provide us with your .apk file and test via Contact Support Form to reproduce the issue in our test lab.

• Thank you for your reply,

I had sent the dump to support. Attached dump here as well

Regards

Prasad
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for sending the crash report to our team. They will investigate it and try to find a solution.

Please share the results with us then.