Forum Discussion

ralyn_sg
Contributor
10 years ago

Ambiguous recognition of the test error when I try to playback Search functionality in my application

Hi .I have a application which has Search Functionality.Ive recorded a particular search criteria but during playback I get the error mentioned in the subject.

This was the error that was seen in Additional Info.

An error occurred while accessing the "Keys" method or property of the "textnodeDdlReportselectboxitcont" object.

The object or one of its parent objects was not found.

The error occurs after the cursor is set in the search box but before the data can be entered.Any solutions?

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Could there be more than one copy of the application running?  That error usually shows up for us when there's a hidden copy of the application somewhere.

Another instance, but not so common for us, is that there's something in our name mapping that's mapped wrong or twice and that causes the confusion.  You can check for that by going to the name mapping and trying to highlight objects above that one in the branch and moving up until you find one that works.  Then you can look for a similar object and figure out how to distinguish them in the name mapping, or, if it's a duplicate, just delete the duplicate branch.
  • could this issue be caused if the search functionality is developed using Jscript??I checked with the developer and not buttons or such were used to  create this functionality.Could this be a reason?If so is there any way to overcome this?
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Ralyn,

The error says that there is some ambiguity in your Name Mapping tree. It means that the desired object cannot be identified for 100%, and another object can be recognized instead of the target one. You need to analyze the mapping criteria of the problematic object to resolve this. Refer to the "About the 'Ambiguous Recognition of the Tested Object' Message" article - it contains the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.