Forum Discussion

sdruker
Contributor
10 years ago

10.4V New namemapping structure

Hi,

I'm using Testcomplete 10.3, I would like to update to 10.5

But I noticed that in 10.4 there was a change in the structure\format of the namemapping.

The namemapping is the core of our hard job, and I'm afraid that there might be issues after the version upgrade.

Can someone tell what is the difference between the old and the new formats?

4 Replies

• I've gone from 10.3 > 10.4 > 10.5 and haven't noticed any difference in the way my name map files are presented to me?

They still work fine.

(The above is no guarantee that it will be the same for you of course!)
  • I'm asking because we are working in share mode without source control (my company works with GIT which is not suported yet by testcomplete)

and we are doing the merge manually so I want to make sure that we wil be able to work in the same way we are working today

maybe the new structre even wil make the merge process much easiear
      william_roe
      Super Contributor

How are you manually merging the mappings? We are finding the merge to not work well and without the ability to find conflicts it's quite frustrating.

sdruker wrote:
      I'm asking because we are working in share mode without source control (my company works with GIT which is not suported yet by testcomplete)

and we are doing the merge manually so I want to make sure that we wil be able to work in the same way we are working today

maybe the new structre even wil make the merge process much easiear

• Ah right. I'm a one man band here so haven't had to worry about shares and merges.

Good luck!