Forum Discussion

yamit
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

.NET Framework 4 and TestComplete 9.20.2460.7

Hi,

We have recently upgraded full version of .NET Framework 4.0.

After the update, TestComplete (version 9.20.2460.7) stopped working and I received an error message "Object Not Found…" 

How can I resolve this Problem?

Thanks,

Yamit
  • When you say "TestComplete" stopped working, you mean it is unable to launch, it is unable to open a particular test suite, or it has errors when running a particular test suite?

7 Replies

ngoodman
    New Contributor
    When you say "TestComplete" stopped working, you mean it is unable to launch, it is unable to open a particular test suite, or it has errors when running a particular test suite?
    yamit
    New Contributor
    Errors when running a particular test suite.  The TestComplete works very very slowly...

And I received an error message  "Object Not Found..."
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Yamit,

It is recommended to install TestComplete after all technologies (.Net, Chrome/Firefox, Flash, etc.) it is supposed to work with are installed.

As you installed .Net4 after TestComplete was installed, I would recommend to try to either reinstall TestComplete or, at least, uninstall Open Applications Support feature and install it a-new.

Also you may consider to upgrade to the version 9.31 which is the final one for v9.x flavor.
    yamit
    New Contributor
    Hi Alexei,

Thanks for the tip.

I've run Testcomplete installation in modify mode and then I selected the Extensions, and It's not solved the problem.

If I want to install 10 I should uninstall 09? or just upgrade? maybe the upgrade will solve the problem? Maybe I can give up the reinstallation.

Thanks!

Yamit

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Yamit,

Different major versions of TestComplete (e.g. 9.x and 10.x) can coexist on the same box without any problem. So it is not required to uninstall version 9 if you like to install version 10.

> TestComplete works very very slowly...

Usually, when TC upgrade/reinstall is performed, all extensions are enabled. There was a discussion here on the forum that some (unidentified yet) extension(s) can cause severe performance penalty.

So you may also check if you have all extensions enabled and disable those that you definitely don't need for your testing.
    yamit
    New Contributor
    Hi,

Did you know similar case?

With one license is possible to reinstall the TestComplete?

Do you know the procedure?

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    > With one license is possible to reinstall the TestComplete?

TC9 and TC10 require separate licenses. You should get your TC9 license upgraded to version 10 for free if you had active maintenance subscription on the moment when TC10 was released. Otherwise the new license is available for the upgrade fee.

> Do you know the procedure?

What procedure are you talking about?