Forum Discussion

9tailsfox
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Unsupported PNG and PDF

Hi, Everyone here. I'm no programmer and I'm a newbie. lately I discover this SOAPUI and had run some test. Everything work fine but the only thing is it support Raw, Json, Html, Xml. Since everything required header. I need to download and view the PNG file after I GET the status. Is there any plugin or else method to view the PNG and even to download the PDF. Thank You

Paul .A

• Image and PDF responses cannot be viewed directly in SoapUI, but you can use the Dump File property of TestSteps to save the response to a file and then view the saved file.

This was improved in SoapUI NG / Ready! API – image responses can be viewed on the HTML tab, and in case of "unsupported" file types such as PDF there's the "Save to file" button as an alternative (or in addition) to using the Dump File property.

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Image and PDF responses cannot be viewed directly in SoapUI, but you can use the Dump File property of TestSteps to save the response to a file and then view the saved file.

This was improved in SoapUI NG / Ready! API – image responses can be viewed on the HTML tab, and in case of "unsupported" file types such as PDF there's the "Save to file" button as an alternative (or in addition) to using the Dump File property.

9tailsfox
      New Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply, I'm using SOAPUI not SOAPUI NG/ Ready API Version. wow there is differences on feature. If using SOAPUI NG/ Ready API version works both save pdf and view PNG file on html. Thanks for the information. :-)

Paul A