Forum Discussion

valleyboy1983
New Contributor
15 years ago

soapUI Proxy Settings

Hi All,

I've just installed soapUI and I've tried to invoke a web service hosted on the net somewhere. It failed due to a timeout. I have also noted that the starter page that is meant to load when opening the application fails to load www.soapui.org - it gives a "Network Timeout" error. I'm thinking that the proxy settings are incorrect.

Now, we have to use a proxy script (a .pac file) to access the internet - is there any way to specify a proxy script in the settings in soapUI, or even better just allow it to use the IE settings for all proxy related settings?

Thanks all,

Mike

8 Replies

• Unfortunately not, I was only able to invoke a web service hosted on a server within the internal network.

I have downloaded Eclipse and now use that instead for all web service testing  A shame, because soapUI looked pretty good!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

soapUI doesn't support .pac files yet, you'll need to manually enter the proxy settings in the global proxy preferences dialog.. did you try that also?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • I have a weird proxy-related problem too.  My starter page doesn't load - it gives the "Working Offline?" message - but I can use Web services through the proxy server that I have set up in the Preferences!

It looks like the embedded Web browser is ignoring the proxy settings in Preferences.  It appears to be Firefox (my default browser) from the look of the Network Timeout message when I click the www.soapui.org link but doesn't seem to be using Firefox's proxy settings either.

It's also a bit odd that I'm using soapUI 3.0.1 (on XP) but the Starter Page says, "What's new in soapUI 2.5?"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

PS: There's a minor typo on the "Working Offline?" page.  It says "...please check you Internet Connection." - not "your".
  • Also configured the SoapUI 3.0.1. Pro proxy settings (with proxy server and port and doesnt need user/pass), but the (slow) startpage is always showing "Working offline?". No clue why this happens. My default IE7 browser works with a proxy pac file.
  • Any resolution to this? I am having the same problem with soapUI 3.0.1 for Windows (XP). I entered the same proxy server, port and credentials into Firefox and browser is working fine. If you got it to work please post.

Praveen
    --
  • Hi,

for me it's the same problem: I put the proxy host and port in preferences and tried with and without credentials, but I can't go online with soapUI.

Wanted to try this program, but have to search for some other solution now...
  • Dear all

i am having the same problem with Soapui pro 4.5.1 - the proxy settings have been setup correctly but the authentification fails.

Can anyone assit.