Forum Discussion

MaxVR
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

soapUI does not send names of SOAP attachment

Hello experts,

I'd like to ask you for your opinion. We use soapUI for testing purposes of sending data and attachments to standard web service based on SAP NetWeaver.

We noticed during the development of SOAP interface, that soapUI does not send attachment name with other "Content-xxxxx" parameters. It can be traced in HTTP-log. I tried to find out, if there is any option in prefereneces to activate thi feature .. but without any success.

Pls .. is there any way to force soapUI to send also attachment name. IMHO it should be parameter "Content-Location:"

Thx for any info in advance.
Regards
MaX

6 Replies

MaxVR
    Occasional Contributor
    just an idea to be added :

I wonder why soapUI does not send that file name even it could done so, since the file name is filled in the first column of attachment-line-representation .. so it's already read from disk into the soapUI's memory.

Any remark from an eviware-developer ?

Thank you in advance ...
    MaX
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

We've added this as a feature request for future releases, thanks.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
    MaxVR
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

well .. this is sensational approach .. Thx a lot !

Have a nice day
    MaX
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi again,

also, using the Content-Location header might be slighty misleading since it wouldn't actually point to the file (as it should according to http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/2068/176.htm).. or maybe I am misunderstanding the spec..

let me know how you want it so we can fix!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    MaxVR
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi again,

well if the sequence:
    Content-Disposition: form-data; name="MyBinaryFile.EXE" filename="FileName.Exe"
    is a standard form, how to transfer attachment's name, then it can solve my problem.

On more note - Content-Disposition must be included for each attached file, when the attachments are sent separatelly (Request parameter "Disable multiparts" = false)

Thx.
    MaX