Forum Discussion

garfield19
New Contributor
12 years ago

SoapUI - Jenkins integration pre-requisites

Hello,

I am looking to integrate the SoapUI testsuite with Jenkins. Can someone please tell me, what may be the pre-requisites to be taken care as far as Jenkins is concerned so that the TestSuite from SoapUI would run successfully?

I am able to build the test suite and it executes fine locally. But I am not sure how it works on Jenkins. We provide the "mvn eviware:maven-soapui-plugin:test" command when run through the command prompt. How does this work on Jenkins?

Thanks,
Praveen

3 Replies

brainiac007
    Occasional Contributor
    I'm using the command line api for the integration into Jenkins which works fantastic.
    garfield19
    New Contributor
    Thanks guys! I was able to successfully run the test Suite from a local setup of Jenkins on my machine. The challenge now however is to reproduce this on my company's build of Jenkins where the build failed with the following error:

message : Plugin eviware:maven-soapui-plugin:4.5.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for eviware:maven-soapui-plugin:jar:4.5.1
    cause : Failed to read artifact descriptor for eviware:maven-soapui-plugin:jar:4.5.1
    Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact eviware:maven-soapui-plugin:pom:4.5.1 in nexus

Now.. this nexus is an internal deployment of the company. So I understand that I'll have to include the pom for the soapui plugin in this local repo. Would it suffice if I were to copy the plugin from my machine's /.m2/repo folder into the local repo? Or is there some other way of managing this?
    garfield19
    New Contributor
    redfish4ktc wrote:

so you have the following solutions
    - in your pom, add the soapui repository (this is what is documented in soapui documentation but this is not the best choice)
    - in the settings.xml file used by jenkins, add the soapui repository
    - configure your company nexus instance to mirror soapui repository and make this mirrored repo available as others repository. This is the best solution (see http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/02/ ... -bad-idea/)

with all these solutions, maven will be able to download dependencies as usual!

You were absolutely right. It was resolved after I pointed it out to the admin, and they modified the nexus instance to have all the repo of soapui. So it was a happy ending for me after all. In all fairness, this being my first foray into Jenkins, I did have a good learning experience throughout this hiccup.

question: if it works on your dev machine, you have already done something like this before, no?

I created a local instance on my personal laptop.. as I was toying around Jenkins for the first time. And hence there was no blocking whatsoever for the external portals where the poms and jars were downloaded by Jenkins. Unfortunately, in the nexus, there is no option to download it so. And hence without much effort from my end, it had worked on my machine.