Forum Discussion

snsandeep
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

SOAP UI Open Source-> Using dynamic properties

Hi,

Here are a few queries regarding usage of properties in Soap UI open source Soap UI 3.0.1.

Subject: Unique values to be created dynamically and passed on to multiple nodes in the same Soap request.

1. I would like to use the formula in the value of a property in the properties step.->{=(int)(Math.random()*1000)}+"AnyString"
2. I would then use a property transfer step to pass the value returned by this formula to 2 nodes in the soap request of the next step.

Result: The formula is passed as is instead of the value I am expecting. I would like to see something like 123AnyString instead of {=(int)(Math.random()*1000)}+"AnyString"

When I use the formula directly in the XML, then no issues but again I want the same value to be used by the next node in the same xml. In this case the value is evaluated again.

{=(int)(Math.random()*1000)}
{=(int)(Math.random()*1000)}

Regards
Sandeep

2 Replies

scr
    Occasional Contributor
    Can you use an intermediate property/variable to which you transfer/store the dynamic value and then use that variable in your test steps? I haven't reproduced this, so I'm just guessing...
    snsandeep
    Occasional Contributor
    I used a groovy script test step to get a value and did a property transfer 9using property transfer step) to pass the value to the 2 nodes in the next step. It worked.