Forum Discussion

Bavoux_Jean-Bap
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

Simulate "no reply"

Hello,

I've created a service mock based on a wsdl file. It 's work and SOAPui was very easy to do that.

Now I'd like, that in some case, the mock doesn't send any reply.
I've created a groovy script that can easyly choose a reply, but I didn't find how to choose "no reply".

The only solution I've found, is to do a sleep that is longer than my client timeout.
It seemed to be fine ( works on a single request), but the sleep seems to "freeze" my mock.
If I try to send other request while , the first request has triggered the sleep method, my mock does not reply! Even if I want to stop my mock, I had to wait the end of the sleep.

Questions:
- is there a "nicer" way to prevent the mock for replying ( maybe return a special string  in my groovy_script)
- why my others request seem to be blocked by the first one. isn't SOAPui multithread?

Thanks

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

thanks for this, interesting scenario! I agree that soapUI shouldn't block other requests while sleeping; where did you put the script? In Mock Operation dispatch or the MockResponse?

If you don't want the client to time out as you have done (which I think is a perfectly valid test), how would you like to "abort" the request? Just close the socket? Or return an empty HTTP response?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Bavoux_Jean-Bap
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you for you response.

The Groovy script is a DISPATCH script. ( what you call "In Mock Operation dispatch", I guess )
    What do you mean with "in the MockResponse" ?

The fact that the sleep blocks other requests is not really an issue, because it is acceptable that if my server doesn't reply to a request, it doesn't reply to next next ( simulating a network problem or a big server problem( infinite loop, memory crunch... )

But this raises another issue.
    The service I've to mock normally takes several seconds to reply ( 1 to 10 seconds) but can handle multiple request simultaneously. The replies arrive not necessary in the same order than requests.

If I simulate this with sleep in dispatch scripts, the requests won't be treated simultaneously, but sequencly. Will they?

Thanks
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

you're right.. I've removed the synchronization here, of course soapUI should be able to dispatch several requests simultaneously. The upcoming nightly-build will contain this fix, let me know how it works for you.

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Bavoux_Jean-Bap
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Where can I find the "incoming nightly-build" ?
    (without rebuilding soapui from last svn )

regards,

JB