Forum Discussion

DBowerman's avatar
DBowerman
Occasional Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

TestComplete logs for "passed" test cases no longer generate with Azure DevOps pipeline execution

On 7/26 between 4AM and 9:30AM CST, the ability to download TestComplete log information associated with a "Passed" test case is no longer available when executed through Azure pipeline.  We can download "failed" test case logs, but "passed" test case logs are no longer available. As anyone else experienced this?  I submitted a case to TestComplete, but have gotten no response from support.

 

Before:

 

Now: 

 

 

  • TestComplete has fixed this issue with the new version of Test Adapter that was release early today.  We ran a pipeline and have confirmed we are now getting logs for "passed" test cases.  

     

8 Replies

  • DBowerman's avatar
    DBowerman
    Occasional Contributor

    TestComplete has fixed this issue with the new version of Test Adapter that was release early today.  We ran a pipeline and have confirmed we are now getting logs for "passed" test cases.  

     

  • DBowerman's avatar
    DBowerman
    Occasional Contributor

    I submitted Case #00561181 on 7/31 and have gotten no responses.  It still has a status of "NEW".  I keep sending reply responses every few days to see if someone at SmartBear will acknowledge the ticket.  If I ever get a response with a valid work around/fit, I'll let you know.

    • sergioMuniz's avatar
      sergioMuniz
      New Contributor

      Great, thanks for info. Let's see if SmartBear take care of it.

      Best Regards

      Sergio

  • DBowerman's avatar
    DBowerman
    Occasional Contributor

    Yes, the TestComplete Test Adapter updated from 1.15040.421 (seen on the 4AM run) to 1.15053.9 (seen on the 9:23AM run) during that time.

     

     

     

    • sergioMuniz's avatar
      sergioMuniz
      New Contributor

      Hi. 

      We got the same issue. "Passed" test cases do not attach the result log since the 4th of August. What would be the solution here? Not clear why an upgrade of the test adapter is working inconsistently based on the pipeline settings? 

       

      Thanks!

      Sergio

  • We are also seeing the logs not showing up for all tests (pass or fail) anymore.  It does appear to be with the latest adapter update.
    I did see some tests that showed as passed but had attachments but, looking at the logs, there was a random Warning for finding of an object.  Nothing that was an error but it must be seeing warnings as failures also, so it seems those are still attaching.

  • DBowerman's avatar
    DBowerman
    Occasional Contributor

    One of my team members dhundley submitted this information to Microsoft.  They have been able to reproduce the issue and are evaluating.  If I get any additional information regarding a fix, I'll post a following comment.